What's this Blog All About......?

I started this blog back when I was planning my first trip to Egypt in early 2011. I thought what an interesting way to share my experiences, keep my friends and family informed of my whereabouts and receive feedback from back home.

I've now travelled to Egypt many times and I hope my adventures in this beautiful and wonderful country are of interest and liking to all of you. Please comment and let me know what your thoughts and ideas are on what you see....I'd love to hear from you......!!


Redheaded Lady

Monday, April 11, 2016

Karnak Temple and The Nile.......April 6, 2016

Karnak !
I've been to many temples throughout Egypt but Karnak is still my favorite .  Its not that its very large,  which it is,  or that it has these huge pillars that seem to reach sky high ,  or the writings, pictures, and engravings all over depicting how life was back in those days, or the lake where the maidens and queens swam in.....its just that I find in that immense structure of courtyards, stones, lakes, rooms..... peace and tranquility.... 

The entrance where the Pharaohs rode up in their chariots to Karnak


You can still see color on the paintings underneath
The great columns at Karnak
One of the obelisks at Karnak and the tallest standing obelisk of the ancient world.
One of the most impressive things in this vast complex are the massive columns all arranged in perfect rows.  There are 134 of these things with 12 of them measuring over 68 feet tall and 10 feet wide. Truly incredible and of course the question remains how was this built ??? !!
 

The sacred lake of Amun-Ra at Karnak




Anybody seen Cleopatra around?

After seeing the temple,  a walk along the Nile is always something soothing and peaceful as well.  When there were more tourists this was full of Felucca boats up and down the Nile but now it's very quiet and tranquil. 


The beautiful Nile




A view of Luxor
Life is good

Traveling Redheaded Lady

1 comment:

  1. Amazing pictures! Gracias por compartirlas!! Hermosos lugares! Gracias por dejarnos ver tan especial lugar a través de tus ojos!

    ReplyDelete