What's this Blog All About......?

I started this blog back when I was planning my first trip to Egypt in early 2011. I thought what an interesting way to share my experiences, keep my friends and family informed of my whereabouts and receive feedback from back home.

I've now travelled to Egypt many times and I hope my adventures in this beautiful and wonderful country are of interest and liking to all of you. Please comment and let me know what your thoughts and ideas are on what you see....I'd love to hear from you......!!


Redheaded Lady

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Julie has left the building!!

.....or rather Miami.....Yes I've begun my journey to Egypt and am writing to you from Heathrow Airport in London where I arrived this morning around 9:30 am.  My flight to Cairo doesn't leave till 3pm so I have time to explore the airport and of course !!!! Shop at the Harrods they have here which  looks fantastic....OK I admit it....My name is Julie and I am a shopaholic..:-).....

Anyway, back to the trip....I flew over via British Airways which I was able to upgrade to First Class with my miles (see pic below)....Wow!! now that was luxury flying for sure!!....4 Flight attendants for 20 of us...Dinner was served on real china....great selection to choose from the menu.....then they prepare your bed....yes you heard me right....our seat reclines all the way back, they bring you a mattress padding and a comforter with a REAL pillow, not the kind some of us Road Warriors wear around our neck, no this was the real stuff. 

Anyway, they even give you a set of pajamas embroidered that says FC (First Class).  In your cubicle, (I'm calling it that because it looks  like a little cubicle.)..you have an expanded tray that becomes a good sized table, your own private TV with about 200 movies and TV shows to choose from, audio CD selection, basically the works,....Then they wake you up in the morning if you want to and they serve you breakfast.....oh wait, and it isn't a pre-set menu...noooo they actually asked me "what would you like Ms. Socorro for breakfast"...and I chose and I got it....Corn Flakes with fruit and a croissant with butter and jelly....!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT.... OK OK, I sound like a country bumpkin that's never been out of the country...but I'm telling you this was service! 

So wait it gets better, I land at Heathrow and because  I was flying First Class I go through the line that says "Fast Track"  OK....folks this isn't Priority Access on American...no, this is really fast track!....I go through security and immigration in minutes! they check my bag and they are strict here on only 1 quart sized bag and it MUST be a zip lock buttttt not if you are in First Class. My plastic bag is one of those that comes with the luggage that I have filled with the standard less than 3oz liquids and creams.   They tell me that that my plastic bag really isn't standard but they do have extra zip lock bags and would I want them to transfer my things over to the zip lock bags....OK by now I think I'm in another planet...not another country.. So I am completely zoned out and just nod my head by which the TRS AGENT proceeds to transfer my "stuff" over into 2 zip lock bags, passes it over to an agent to put through the machine who then hands it to me and says Madam, "just remember that next time it needs to be in 1 bag only"...I apologize and he says oh "No worries" "you have a safe trip now"....So I ask myself, were they nice because they are just nice here in London or were they nice because I was in the "Fast Track/First Class line?....Hmmmmm I wonder....but I'm happy either way....

So now I'm chilling here writing on my blog while I'm at the Concorde Lounge sipping on a Mimosa.... oh I forgot to mention, British Airways has their lounge for frequent/elite members, but this is a separate lounge next to their other lounge only for First Class travelers.....Awesome!!! I Love traveling like this....
(Adam, if you are reading this, any chance we might work something out on my travels to PR and DR to travel FC?.....just kidding!!).....LOL....seriously I know how lucky and blessed I am and that's why I say....LIFE IS GOOD ....

Stay tuned my friends...I arrive in Cairo tonight around 9pm my time which is 3pm East Coast and 12 West Coast.

Traveling Redheaded Lady (TRL)

2 comments:

  1. You'll never want to fly coach ever again! Sounds like it was a trip fit for a queen :) Hope you make it to Egypt just as nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!....Flying coach will be like taking a step back!..LOL....and I did feel like a Queen....Hmmmm Queen Julie....I like the sound of that...LOL....Thanks for your comments Kristen....
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete